Agriculture Jobs in Africa
We can reach more farmers by being experts in our field, pushing boundaries, working flexibly and sharing knowledge, and we're looking for talented staff to help us achieve this.
Our values are very important to us as an employer and they are also very important to our employees. All prospective employees should take some time to carefully consider our values and how they fit with your own personal values before attending an interview with Farm Africa.
Farm Africa’s London office recruits staff for posts in Britain and senior posts in Africa. Full job details will be posted here, the BOND network and CharityJOB.
We cannot respond to unsolicited requests and applications for employment or volunteer opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in working for Farm Africa. There are currently no vacant roles. Please check this page regularly for up-to-date information about available roles.
Communications Team Volunteer
Duration: one to two days per week, for a minimum of three months
Location: London, Bastion House, 140 London Wall, London EC2Y 5DN
Farm Africa’s Communications Team is seeking a motivated, bright and organised volunteer to help support our cross channel media output, which includes a range of campaigns and communications initiatives designed to raise awareness about Farm Africa’s work; develop its brand; and increase positive engagement with the public, corporates, schools and universities, churches, the media, and within the NGO and funding sectors.
This role involves providing research, writing, administrative and organisational assistance to the Communications Team, which incorporates media, PR and digital. You will be helping the Team to deliver a variety of high quality factual content for use across Farm Africa’s external communications output, including: print, radio, broadcast, marketing, online and social media.
The work will incorporate:
- researching facts, stats, news hooks, and programmatic related content for use in communications
- working with Farm Africa’s content database, including editing, tagging and logging photographs and accompanying information
- interviewing fundraising participants and writing up engaging copy
- helping to produce case studies gathered from Farm Africa projects
- assisting with organising international trips
- helping Farm Africa to develop its social media channels
- supporting the Media Relations Manager in sending out press releases
- helping to monitor and collect press coverage and undertake sector media research
- assisting with web content management
This is a great opportunity to gain experience of being part of a busy press office and grow an understanding of how charity communications work within an international NGO. Farm Africa will cover reasonable travel and lunch expenses.
Location: UK wide
We’re looking for new speakers throughout the UK. You don’t need any previous public speaking experience, just a passion for Farm Africa and our work.